Monday, December 2, 2013

Journaling my life

It is true that I have been journaling and not posting a thing in here. I did wrote many articles, but not necessary about my art journaling creations. And totally left this place with no interesting posts to read.

Recently I've created this cute face on my A5 Canson Journal I bought from Barcelona this summer. I wanted to create something simple and still beautiful, and as I didn't had too much time to work on her face, I've choose to use watercolors and oil pastels.

I did her face free-hand without worrying about the result. The result came out pretty interesting and I decided to try another girl with the same technique. 



 First I've started with some stamping, one flower stamp that belongs to a 3D stamp set, used all over again changing direction of use. Then I went and filled in some color with the oil pastels. I have covered the whole flower petals, but next time I'm going to leave some petals blank and run with watercolors over it. This was the next step, water-coloring the pages with different colors, with lots of water and sprays. Once you get the desired result, let it dry. Or use a heat gun if you can't wait that long ;)
After applying the background, you'll need to draw the face and hair and also fill in some shadows and highlights for the face and neck.

Et voila! The finish product with some text added and the pages are ready to be loved and appreciated.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork! I, too enjoy art journaling. It is so therapeutic, isn't it? Thank you for following my blog on GFC. Following your fab blog on GFC as well. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is therapeutic, dear Tina! Thank you for stopping by, please come back soon and leave a comment somewhere so I can know you were around!

    Hugs and light,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Wanna share a beautiful thought with me? Drop a line below and let me know what's on your mind!